Client’s Location: Germany
About Job: Remote, Possibility of Relocation
As a Back-End engineer, you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the
server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and
maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests
from the front end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your
team members into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore
necessary as well.
Your Role Responsibilities:
● Provide technical leadership and mentoring to a team.
● Refine technical vision and develop architecture roadmap
● Tech Stack: • API design and cloud-based solutions • DevOps and CI/CD
● Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering
(Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative
● Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
● Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
● Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best
practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards
through code review.
● Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and
● Ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other
team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
Your Role Requirements:
● Training or studies in the field of computer science.
● + 2 years of experience as Lead Engineer or Technical Lead with focus on legacy
● Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in
a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
● Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex
technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative
● Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability
to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
● Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
● Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
● Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
● Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear
● An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
● Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal,
discussion, and execution.
● Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
● Up to 90% remote work and flexible work hours
● MacBooks and state-of-the-art technology
● 30 days paid vacation
● Permanent employment contract and attractive
● Relocation and Visa application support
● Language courses
● Company restaurant
● Pension plan and asset accumulation benefit
● Day nursery for children
● Exclusive employee discount