Client’s Location: Germany
About Job: Remote, Possibility of Relocation
Backend Engineers work on the client’s product. This includes both the open-source version,
the enterprise editions, and the client’s website service as well. They work with peers on
teams dedicated to areas of the product. They work together with product managers,
designers, and frontend engineers towards common goals
Your Role Responsibilities:
● Develop data-heavy services for the Customer Experience department
● Tech Stack • Java, monitoring, alarming, and logging tools • SQL databases
● Develop features and improvements to the client’s product in a secure, well-tested,
and performant way.
● Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering
(Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative
● Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
● Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
● Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best
practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards
through code review.
● Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and
● Represent the client and its values in public communication around specific projects
and community contributions.
● Ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other
team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
Your Role Requirements:
● Training or studies in the field of computer science.
● +5 years of professional experience in the corresponding field with a focus on data
● Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in
a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
● Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex
technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative
● Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability
to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
● Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
● Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
● Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
● Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear
● An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
● Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal,
discussion, and execution.
● Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
● Up to 90% remote work and flexible work hours
● MacBooks and state-of-the-art technology
● 30 days paid vacation
● Permanent employment contract and attractive
● Relocation and Visa application support
● Language courses
● Company restaurant
● Pension plan and asset accumulation benefit
● Day nursery for children
● Exclusive employee discount